Master pages refuse to be applied

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 07:41:31 PDT 2006

Structured FrameMaker 7.0, Mac, OS X 10.4.8.

I am going nuts here.

I made a change to the height of the text frame on left/right master pages. I reapplied the master pages: the body pages did not change.

Now get this: if I draw a small measuring line on a master page that is the length of the gap between the top of the main text frame and the top of the page, then cut it and paste in onto a body page, *the text frame on the body page becomes correct*, i.e. it takes on the definition of the master page.

Removing the line and moving forward and back through the pages causes the body page text frames to revert to their previous, wrong, dimensions.

Let me summarize: changes made to master pages in this document refuse to be applied to body pages.

Is there something I'm missing here...?

--
Steve