Link from HTML to PDF

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Oct 20 08:34:43 PDT 2006

Spreadbury, David wrote:
> Pat, You want to set the Document Properties > Initial View to force
> the PDF to open on the specific page.
>
> ________________________________
>
> From:
> framers-bounces+david.spreadbury=tellabs.com at lists.frameusers.com on
> behalf of Pat Christenson Sent: Wed 10/18/2006 12:32 PM To: framers
> List Subject: Link from HTML to PDF
>

> Hi -
>
> My client wants to link from an HTML webpage to a specific page in a
> PDF doc. The PDF is created from FrameMaker. Anyone know how to do
> this? Thanks.

David, I don't think that's the answer Pat needs. Your solution would
cause the PDF to *always* open on the specific page, whereas the
requirement is only that it open there when launched from a particular
link. Other links might require other pages as targets, and the pdf
might also be used as a stand-alone document that should open at the
cover or TOC.

I think Rick Q. had the better approach with named destinations.

Best regards,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5