Hypertext links and folder organization

mathieu jacquet bobitch at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 03:30:32 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'd like to add in file A a hypertext link that opens file B which is (or is
not) part of the book containing file A.

Do I need to copy file B into the folder containing file A or can it be part
of another folder?

For example, can I add a hypertext link with the following command:
openlink ..\folderfile B\file B:linkname?

or

openlink fullpathtofile B\file B:linkname...?

or does FM only accept commands such as:

openlink file B:linkname?

When the "Validate on insert" box is checked, I often receive the following
error message: "Can't find file B" (approximate translation from french
message).

I've heard that there was some bugs on hypertext links in previous versions
(i'm using 7.2) so i'm wondering if it is not one of those.

Any help much appreciated !

Mathieu.