Any wa to link images in a PDF file

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Mon Oct 23 06:49:33 PDT 2006

Wei,

You wrote:

 > I just wonder if there is a way to generate a PDF file from a FrameMaker
 > book that that does not actually embed the images but will read and display
 > the images when it is opened. My client may need to change of the linked
 > image files after the PDF file is "hardcoded".

Images in PDF cannot be linked. One exception is that Acrobat/Reader 6 or
higher support the display of linked JPEG images in a floating window, see
http://www.microtype.com/showcase/MultimediaAsst/Jpeg_linked.pdf (distilled
with TimeSavers + Multimedia Assistant).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
Training, consulting & add-ons: FrameMaker, Structured FM and Acrobat