Unavailable Fonts Message - Cross-Platform Issue?

Steve Cavanaugh scavanaugh at nat-seattle.com
Tue Oct 24 07:26:45 PDT 2006

Look at the file named "custom" typically located at C:\Program
Files\Adobe\FrameMaker7.2\fminit.  To edit that file you want to make a
backup, change the name, do the edit, then change the name back (at
least that's what I was told, and I haven't tested to see if you need
all those steps).  It is not the only place that FrameMaker looks for
font info, but it appears to be one of the more important to consider.

There are also font substitution specifications in the file "maker.ini"
typically located at C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker7.2.  One of those
may be involved.

Steve Cavanaugh
Sr. Technical Writer
NAT Seattle Inc.