Assessing a document's reading level

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 10:06:17 PDT 2006

Hi All,

  Does anyone know of a tool or plugin or FrameScript for FM that can  assess reading level of a document? My only idea is to convert to RTF  and use Word's spelling/grammar checker to get the reading ease and  grade level scores. Ideally, there would be a plugin to provide this  for FM? At this point, I'm not picky about whether it could   provide  Flesch Reading Ease or Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level scores  or both - anything is better than nothing at all. ;-)

  For that matter, if there's not such a thing for FM, perhaps there  would be something that could work with PDF files? I have "googled" on  all the keywords that come to mind, without success. Surely someone on  this list is in the know! :-)

  Thanks,
  Rene

Rene L. Stephenson
eNovative Solutions, Inc.