Assessing a document's reading level

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 05:39:06 PDT 2006

So far as I know, there aren't any FM plug-ins that do this, but
bullfighter at http://www.fightthebull.com/bullfighter.asp is great
for Word files (and FM saved as .rtf).
You have to make a few adjustments, for instance if you don't end
bullet list items with periods so they're viewed as sentences, but
otherwise, it's useful. Especially useful for giving to non-writers.
;- )

Art

On 10/24/06, Rene Stephenson <rinnie1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   Does anyone know of a tool or plugin or FrameScript for FM that can  assess reading level of a document? My only idea is to convert to RTF  and use Word's spelling/grammar checker to get the reading ease and  grade level scores. Ideally, there would be a plugin to provide this  for FM? At this point, I'm not picky about whether it could   provide  Flesch Reading Ease or Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level scores  or both - anything is better than nothing at all. ;-)
>
>   For that matter, if there's not such a thing for FM, perhaps there  would be something that could work with PDF files? I have "googled" on  all the keywords that come to mind, without success. Surely someone on  this list is in the know! :-)
>
>   Thanks,
>   Rene

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358