Conditional text page problem

Michael.Long at thomson.com Michael.Long at thomson.com
Wed Oct 25 06:42:27 PDT 2006

All,

We are making our first venture into conditional text, with two files of
three conditions per file.  (FrameMaker 7.1 with current patches, XP
sp2) The main problem so far is that pages from a condition of longer
text remain as blanks when a condition with shorter content is applied.

For example, when the 10 page condition B is changed to the 5 page
condition A, condition A text contains 5 blank pages from the longer B.
My colleague who is working this has so far not figured out how to
easily apply condition A without the blank B pages.

By our sense, the pages should be removed along with the page text when
A is applied without requiring further finagling. I vaguely recall
something related to this on the list recently, but I was unable to
locate it and the site database is down this morning.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Long
Team Leader, User Documentation