Remove Change Bars

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 07:44:08 PST 2006

At 07:39 -0800 30/10/06, Paul Kent wrote:

>I've discovered that I can search for the condition tags, delete the
>"inserted" instance, remove the "deleted" condition and the phantom
>change is almost removed. However, I've not yet figured out how to
>remove the change bars.

In FrameMaker change bars are a character attribute.

To remove all change bars, Format -> Document -> Change Bars... from document or book.

To selectively remove individual change bars from a text range, create a character tag set to all 'As is' except no change bars, and apply it as required.

There may be other, guru-level Black Belt methods, but these work for me.

HTH
--
Steve