Graphics size within FM 7. and WWP

James Barrow vrfour at verizon.net
Sat Oct 28 20:45:23 PDT 2006

Hello All,

Thanks to everyone who helped me with the problem that I had with my .chm
file, in which it seemed to have jumped from ~13MB to ~43MB in one
generation.

After going through the files thoroughly, it seems that the culprits were
graphics that I saved as .bmps, instead of .gifs.  After a few simple
calculations, I found that these graphics added ~30MB to the total .chm file
size.

My manager would like to save space wherever possible and has asked that I
reduce the size of the larger graphics and thus the size of my help file.
At this point I don't see any way of fixing this other than redoing the
documentation:

Click through our software application
Recapture the graphics in question, saving them as .gifs
Insert the graphics into my FM file
Regenerate the project in WWP

Is there a batch process that I can use to change these graphics from .bmp
to .gif in WW, or do I have to do this in the source files (FM)?

TIA,

Jim