Rational SODA Tool

Stephen C. Gillespie Sr steve.gillespie at fedex.com
Wed Sep 6 08:53:44 PDT 2006

Tammy,

Joe Malin, Steve Rickaby, et al. are correct about the Rational SODA tool -
it is not an authoring tool, but rather more of a collaboration tool.

I worked in a sw dev team a few years ago, where Rational Suite was the
standard. The Rational SODA piece is supposed to take content from the other
Rational Suite artifacts such as requirements docs, and 'auto-generate' your
document artifacts for you. BTW, Rational is supposed to work with Frame,
but I never tried it.

We didn't use it (since our authoring tool was MS Word, it was way too
labor-intensive and error-prone).

Steve Gillespie, PMP

Sr Information Development Analyst

FedEx Express