Rational SODA Tool

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Wed Sep 6 09:10:42 PDT 2006

Dov, Steve, Steve, Joe, John, et. al -

Thanks for the responses. I have what I need to help my colleague format
an articulate, succinct discussion about why Framemaker should stay.

Thanks again,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening
Senior Technical Writer
Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc.
303-328-4420
tammy.vanboening at jeppesen.com

"Stephen C. Gillespie Sr" <steve.gillespie at fedex.com>
09/06/2006 09:53 AM

framers at lists.frameusers.com
cc
Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Subject
Rational SODA Tool

Tammy,

Joe Malin, Steve Rickaby, et al. are correct about the Rational SODA tool
– it is not an authoring tool, but rather more of a collaboration tool.

I worked in a sw dev team a few years ago, where Rational Suite was the
standard. The Rational SODA piece is supposed to take content from the
other Rational Suite artifacts such as requirements docs, and
‘auto-generate’ your document artifacts for you. BTW, Rational is supposed
to work with Frame, but I never tried it.

We didn’t use it (since our authoring tool was MS Word, it was way too
labor-intensive and error-prone).

Steve Gillespie, PMP
Sr Information Development Analyst
FedEx Express