Importing images from a CAD system

Gagne, Bernard (Bolton) bgagne at husky.ca
Thu Sep 7 13:12:49 PDT 2006

I am in the process of educating the engineers I work with over this issue.
They are in the habit of giving me a JPEG image when I request a line
drawing. JPEG was never intended for anything other than continuous tone
images. When a line drawing gets exported to a JPEG, the line quality
suffers horribly.
I ask them to export to CGM, which I import into Adobe Illustrator and
convert to either EPS or leave as a native AI file. The resulting file can
then be imported into Frame just fine and I don't lose on the line quality
or scalability.

Berny Gagné
Lead Technical Writer
Husky Injection Molding Systems