Change bars not conforming to the "Side Closer to / Farther from Page Edge"

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 05:01:52 PDT 2006

When comparing new and old double sided documents, I get the option of
placing the change bars on the "Side Closer to" or "Farther from Page
Edge". but in each case, it works just as the left or right side
left side of the column through all of the document and for "Side
Farther from Page Edge" they will appear at the right side.

I have browsed the mails for the last three or four years but no one
has come up with other solution than changing the Format > Document >
Change Bars settings in the originals and rerunning the compare. But
the result is exactly the same for me.

Are there any settings in the maker.ini that can change this to normal?

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
Supervisor Publishing
Air Atlanta Icelandic