QUESTION: Creating a DIFF doc comparing 2 conditionalized versions of manual

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Fri Sep 22 10:01:26 PDT 2006

Grant Hogarth wrote:
> Thanks, Peter --
> Basically I I'm concerned about a Content Diff so that my reviewers can
> see the difference.
> Unfortunately, I don't have Acrobat Pro (just Standard v6 at the moment)

It might be worth a look at your Acrobat Standard - I'm not sure if it
does comparisons.

Another approach, while it might be ugly, is to turn on condition
indicators and show all conditions and save as PDF. The ugly part is
where text flows - or maybe that's "mis-flows." If you don't have any
indicators set, choose a color for each condition, but don't use
magenta. FrameMaker reserves magenta for content that is tagged with two
or more conditions; the color isn't the result of any known rules of
color mixing, it's just arbitrary.

HTH
Regards,

Peter Gold