Bizarre character issue (Uppercase F does not work)

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Mon Sep 25 10:20:08 PDT 2006

Bernard,
   Have you edited your config recently or installed a plug-in? I wonder if
F has become a shortcut for some command that has no effect when you are
typing text.
         --Lynne

At 08:44 AM 9/25/2006, Bernard Aschwanden wrote:
>Hi all:
>
>I'm running into a really odd FrameMaker issue on my laptop. I'm typing
>and the only character that I can't insert is F. Uppcase F.
>
>I try to do so and nothing is inserted. If I type a lowercase F and then
>apply a key sequnce to force uppercase, I see the "F" character with not
>issues. Can't press Shift+f and get anywhere.
>
>I've restarted the application. I've restarted the computer. I've tried
>this in other software and it works perfectly. I tried the 'other' shift
>key. I tried all kinds of other uppercase characters and they work.
>
>Word, email, notepad, excel and more. No issues. Just rameMaker (little
>joke there... It does work in email. See: FrameMaker can drive you crazy
>at times).

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284