Opening Acrobat 7.0 files in earlier versions

Jon Harvey JHarvey at cambridgesoft.com
Fri Sep 29 11:38:39 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I saved a PDF using Acrobat 7.0 and a colleague tried opening it in Acrobat 6.0 and got this message:

"This file appears to use a new format that this version of Acrobat does not support. It may not open or display correctly. Adobe recommends that you upgrade to the latest version of Acrobat products. Please visit our products site at http://www.adobe.com/acrobat."

I referred back to the document and noticed that I did in fact save it so that it would open in Acrobat 5.0 or later. I don't like our users seeing that message (and many of them use Acrobat, not Reader, to read our docs).

Anything we can do about it?

Jon Harvey
Manager, Desktop Documentation

CambridgeSoft Corporation