Opening Acrobat 7.0 files in earlier versions

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Fri Sep 29 11:58:08 PDT 2006

Regardless of the Acrobat version compatibility level you use
when you generate a PDF, when you do a subsequent save
from Acrobat, the header information in the file is updated to
reflect the version you saved from even though the contents
of the file are still compatible with an older version. In order
to retain backwards compatibility when saving a PDF from a
new version of Acrobat, you must initiate the final save from
the Advanced>Optimize PDF dialog where you have set the
desired compatibility.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ