Error message: Resulting columns would be too short

Reng, Winfried Dr. wreng at tycoint.com
Fri Apr 13 00:36:23 PDT 2007

Hi,

I want to change the height of a text frame in an anchored
frame. When I try to change it from 0.661 cm to 0.265 cm
with the Object properties window, I get an error message:
Resulting columns would be too short.

The error message starts with a value of 0.317 cm. The font
size of the paragraph in this text frame has 8 pt. To display
all characters a minimum height of 0.24 cm seems to be
sufficient.

When I change the height of the text frame with the mouse,
everything is fine. When I then want to change the height
with the Object properties window from e.g. 0.256 cm to
0.265 cm, I get again this error message although the value
seems to be valid. Otherwise I couldn't have set the height
with the mouse.

Does anyone know where this error message comes from?

Best regards

Winfried