OT: An interesting article about Microsoft vs. Adobe

Chris Borokowski athloi at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 09:13:07 PDT 2007

Gosh, you said it, and I agree wholeheartedly. The
field is cluttered enough already, and I'm not sure of
the demonstrable need for either one of these. Users
will watch television when they want television, but
on the web they want function, even if that function
is chat rooms, forums, pornography and flaming each
other on wikipedia.

I don't know if Microsoft has clued in yet that their
monopolistic practices are alienating users, just like
Apple did when it defined its own version of every
standard it touched. I think I detest Apple more, but
fear Microsoft more, although the W3 standards people
come a close second ;)

--- Steve Rickaby <srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

> This is all we need: yet another set of web
> 'standards'.

User Interface design blog
http://user-advocacy.blogspot.com/
Code::Design::UI::Consulting