Table title alignment oddity

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Wed Apr 18 10:13:01 PDT 2007

Framers,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. My client and I are both
seeing this odd and inconsistent behavior and neither of us can explain or
fix it. :o

Our template has side heads set up and several table styles. When we insert
one style of table, both the table and
the table title will go all the way to across the side head area. When we
insert another table style, they don't. Both table styles and the table
title style are set to 0 First and 0 Left indents (table only has Left, of
course).

When we indent the table style that goes across by .25 inches, it aligns
properly (side head area is just .25 inches), but the table title still goes
all the way across the side head area.

We don't want these tables or titles to go across the side head area, so I
indented the table title style, too, to make it align with the main text.
That worked for the most part, but sometimes that results in the title being
indented .25 from the main text because the box the title is in starts at
the main text margin instead of across the
side head area.

The tables are all anchored to paragraphs that are in the main text area,
not in the side head area.

I hope this is making sense. The crux of the problem is inconsistent
behavior of where tables and table titles align in relation to side head
area. What controls this?

Thanks in advance!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
User guides, online help, FrameMaker and
WebWorks ePublisher templates
Manager, STC Consulting and Independent
Contracting SIG
http://www.stcsig.org/cic/index.html