Doc Architecture Challenge: Linking Between Books

Angela Akridge angela.akridge at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:03:13 PDT 2007

Hi!

I have an architecture challenge. I have two FrameMaker 7.2 (Unstructured)
books:

- User's Guide
- Concepts Guide

The User's Guide refers to the Concepts Guide and vice versa. Currently,
this reference is simply a variable with the book's title. However, I'm
thinking about creating hyperlinks between the books (so that these links
show up in my WebWorks ePublisher Pro Help). The problem is, the books
deliver as two separate books. If a user downloads a pdf of one book, and
not the other, the links will not work. How does one get around this
problem? Does one simply use Acrobat Professional to merge the two books and
deliver one PDF? Is this a question for the WebWorks community?

Thank you,

Angela