Looking for a documentation portal example

Chris Borokowski athloi at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 13:39:51 PDT 2007

You're right, but people like PDFs because they're
portable. Most that I know have at least one directory
stuffed with PDFs for fast reference, or catching up
on that international plane flight when net access is
not possible.

I favor having both if possible, if for no other
reason that Google can find and correctly index masses
of HTML pages (its PDF indexing is good but doesn't
seem to understand the different search priorities of
entities in the document, making it like an ASCII file
in terms of rankings).

--- Michael Müller-Hillebrand <info at cap-studio.de>
wrote:

> But, wouldn't it be desirable to have all that
> information in HTML
> format: better navigation options, more efficient
> search, search across
> all modules. It seems to me HTML would be better for
> many tasks, but
> printing.

User Interface design blog
http://user-advocacy.blogspot.com/