Looking for a documentation portal example

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 06:55:08 PDT 2007

> I favor having both if possible, if for no other
> reason that Google can find and correctly index masses
> of HTML pages (its PDF indexing is good but doesn't
> seem to understand the different search priorities of
> entities in the document, making it like an ASCII file
> in terms of rankings).

Chris, this simply isn't true. Google will index the full text but
will pull from the document properties first to catagorize the
indexing for the document. If you use your doc tage correctly, you
will see better results - same goes for HTML and meta information.

http://www.acrobatusers.com/articles/2006/02/pdf_for_google/pdf_for_google.php

--
Bill Swallow