switched printers -- now HelvObl prints with extra slant

Mike Wickham mewickham at compuserve.com
Thu Apr 19 10:55:03 PDT 2007

I once saw a similar instance with a font-- where FrameMaker added an extra
slant to italics. This particular font was one  that I created in
Fontographer because I the font family had no italic version available for
purchase. Fontographer (or, more likely, my knowledge of it!) must create
fonts in a weird way because FrameMaker saw this font as a regular font.
Assigning it the italic attribute in FrameMaker put an extra slant on it.
The solution was to treat it as a regular font, so that it would print as a
normal italic.

Mike Wickham