pasting text from FM to FM

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 08:34:34 PDT 2007

Interweaving similar threads:  If you actually want to paste as  plain text by default, but you're pasting between 2 FM files, could you  do that by setting the default clipboard paste operation as text first  in the maker.ini, and then open each file in a separate instance of FM  to thereby force use of the Windows clipboard and get the FM to FM to  paste as plain text by default???

  Rene Stephenson

"Ridder, Fred" <fred.ridder at intel.com> wrote:  The behavior you are seeing is because you are using two separate
instances of FrameMaker, so that the copy/paste operation has to
use the Windows clipboard. If you copy and paste between two
different document windows in the same instance of FrameMaker,
the copy/paste operation is completely internal to FrameMaker
and retains all formatting.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ