Framers Digest, Vol 18, Issue 29

Zoe Lawson messalina17 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 08:20:27 PDT 2007

Cross-references reference a file. I don't think you can link to information in multiple files. Therefore, you need the booktitle as a paragraph to reference in each chapter file.

The cross reference I used is something like the following:

<xbookxref><$paratext> in <$paratext[booktitle]><Default Para Font>

<xbookxref> was a character style I created so that you could tell if you were going to jump to a different PDF file (made a green link instead of blue).

Yes, it is convoluted. But once it's set up, you never have to think about it again. It just works, so I thought it was worth the effort.

HTH
Zoë