OT: Business insurance for independent contractors

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Mon Apr 30 18:55:19 PDT 2007

Hi Pat

> Anyway, if anyone here is carrying it, I'd be interested to hear
> about your experience. Feel free to contact me offlist.

I have both general business insurance with large public liability cover and
where necessary I get professional indemnity insurance. The professional
indemnity insurance is the one that is really expensive. I only bother with it
on specific jobs, otherwise I ensure that processes are in place where the
liability/accountability is held by the client.

When I have professional indemnity insurance the cover is only for the
specific job and is always a hassle to get sorted.

Cheers
Alan