How to delete trailing spaces in one go?

Kenneth C. Benson kbenson at pegtype.com
Tue Aug 7 06:29:38 PDT 2007

Bill Briggs wrote:
> At 12:19 PM -0600 8/3/07, Combs, Richard wrote:
>> What am I missing?
>
>  Nothing?
>
>> Why do people not want those spaces?

For me, it's just a habit I learned in other programs in which a
trailing space actually does occupy some space. It never occurred to me
(and I actually haven't tested it) that a trailing space in FM
*wouldn't* occupy some space. If you leave your trash lying around in
Ventura, you're liable to end up with an extra line between paragraphs
when the text fills the measure and that extra space gets pushed to the
next line. I also clean up leading spaces, multiple spaces, stray tabs,
and multiple returns.

Maybe trailing spaces are harmless in Frame, but Frame is just one of
the programs I use, and this is one routine (of very few) that can be
handled the same way in all my programs.

Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.
www.pegtype.com