How to Type Unicode Character in FM8?

Mike Wickham mewickham at compuserve.com
Tue Aug 7 07:09:07 PDT 2007

"Unicode support" is one of the touted new features of FM8. I thought this
would finally allow me to choose some of those fancy characters outside the
ASCII range, in the fonts that contain them.

But I can't figure out how to type a Unicode character! In Word, you type
the hexadecimal character, then hit Alt-X. Frame's PDF user guide appears
only to offer instructions for setting your computer and keyboard to use
different languages _before_ you start Frame. Huh? I don't want to start
typing in a foreign language. I just want to enter the occasional Unicode
character or symbol. Can someone tell me how?

Or does this mean the only feature that would cause me to upgrade is
worthless?

Mike Wickham