OT: DITA id attribute values

Carey Bates Carey.Bates at computershare.com
Fri Aug 10 13:08:09 PDT 2007

I'm pretty certain that is correct (no strange values like @* etc).

Carey

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces+carey.bates=computershare.com at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+carey.bates=computershare.com at lists.frameusers.c
om] On Behalf Of Scott Prentice
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 4:06 PM
To: Rick Quatro
Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com; framers at omsys.com
Subject: Re: OT: DITA id attribute values

Hi Rick...

Your plan looks good. I think that the restrictions are ..

- starts with an alpha character
- contains alphanumeric, underscore, or hyphen characters
- unlimited length (within reason)

...scott

Rick Quatro wrote:
> Hi Framers,
>
> I am working on programmatically setting unique id values on all of
> the elements that require them in a DITA-based FrameMaker book. Are
> there any restrictions or recommendations for id values in DITA? My
> thought is to have a unique 3-character prefix for each book (i.e,
> "abc"), then I can generate a unique number suffix. So, an id might
> look like
>
> abc_562387
>
> or
>
> abc-562387
>
> Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you very much.
>
> Rick Quatro
> Carmen Publishing
> 585-659-8267
> www.frameexpert.com

or visit
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/carey.bates%40comput
ershare.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.  If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return email immediately.  Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies immediately.

Computershare Limited and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for the views expressed in the email or for the consequences of any computer viruses that may be transmitted with this email.

This email is also subject to copyright.  No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.