XML in FrameMaker 8 & InDesign CS3

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Tue Aug 14 08:17:45 PDT 2007

I am exploring the process of getting my docs structured with the new
FrameMaker 8. The process does seem to be improved and the documentation
is much, much improved.
But last night I was reading the InDesign CS3 info on XML (buried deep
in the back of the InDesign manual) and found it to be an excellent
intro for the beginner. And the structure view for InDesign looks quite
familiar...
I am considering playing around with InDesign's structure interface
first, to familiarize myself with all the principles and parts, and then
advance to FrameMaker. I need to use both eventually because I want to
reuse some of the information in my FM manuals in installation posters
created in InDesign. Does anyone have experience working with FM8 and
InDesign CS3 together? Do you know of landmines and concealed pit traps?

John Sgammato
Principal Technical Writer
Imprivata, Inc.
[v] (781) 674-2441

www.imprivata.com

"OneSign is single sign-on for the rest of us, with an innovative
technology that makes adding almost any application a snap,
doing away with manually scripted login procedures, and saving
time and money."
- Information Security, "Products of the Year", 2006