Trouble with cross-references

Stephen O'Brien sobrien at innovmetric.com
Fri Aug 24 12:56:23 PDT 2007

Do the files contain text insets...do they
precede the x-refs that give you trouble...

When updating text insets, they delete any x-ref
markers that are placed at the beginning of a paragraph (:

My solution is to always create a r-ref marker
for a paragraph before adding the text inset,
moving the marker to elsewhere in the paragraph,
and then adding the text inset. Then, all is well.

Good luck.

At 05:06 PM 14/02/2007, pearlrosenberg at nc.rr.com wrote:
>Hi Framers,
>
>FrameMaker 7.p576
>Windows XP Professional
>
>I have a book with 17 chapters. Every time I open the chapters in it,
>for six of the chapters I get a message that there are unresolved
>cross-references. There are six other chapters with cross-references
>that do not generate this message.
>
>Each time, I search for the unresolved cross-references (every cross-
>reference in each of these chapters), double-click on each, replace it
>with the one in the cross-reference dialog box, and save the file.
>Then I save all the files in the book and save and close the book. The
>next time I open the book, the same cross-references are unresolved
>again.
>
>I created this book from an earlier version by copying the files from
>the old directory to a new one. Then I opened FrameMaker, created a
>new book, and added the files to the new book.
>
>Any suggestions on how I can fix this? BTW, when the cross-references
>are unresolved, they correctly identify the heads, chapters, page
>numbers, and so forth.
>or visit
>http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/sobrien%40innovmetric.com
>
>Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
>http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

Stephen O'Brien
Technical Writer / Rédacteur technique
InnovMetric Software Inc. / InnovMetric Logiciels inc.
2014, Cyrille-Duquet, suite 310
Québec (Québec) Canada G1N 4N6

Tel.: (418) 688-2061
Fax: (418) 688-3001
E-mail: sobrien at innovmetric.com
www.innovmetric.com

PolyWorks, the Universal 3D Metrology Software Platform for Manufacturing (TM)