Trouble with paragraph tags in TOC

Jon Harvey JHarvey at cambridgesoft.com
Fri Aug 24 13:41:11 PDT 2007

Everyone,

I have several headings that I'm using to generate a TOC: Heading1,
Heading2, Heading3, Chapter.number, Appendix.number. When I generate the
book, all the headings appear in the TOC file's reference page. However,
content that uses the Chapter.number and Appendix.number paragraph tags
do not appear in the body of the TOC. It's not that the entry line in
the TOC is empty. Rather, they entries don't appear at all, as if the
tags weren't selected to generate the TOC.

What gives?

Jon Harvey

Manager, Desktop Documentation

CambridgeSoft Corporation