need help with header information

Melissa Clark melissa.s.clark at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 15:54:24 PDT 2007

Hi,
I need some help with header information (Running H/Fs) in a FM 7.2 book
file.  I have a document with quite a few chapters, some of which are what I
would consider "continued chapters" located in separate files.

For example, I have:
     File 1 -- Chapter 1
     File 2 -- Chapter 2
     File 3 -- Chapter 3
     File 4 -- Chapter 3.1 (still in chapter 3)
     File 5 -- Chapter 3.2 (still in chapter 3)
     File 6 -- Chapter 3.3 (still in chapter 3)
     File 18 -- Chapter 3.15
     File 19 -- Chapter 4
Chapters 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 must remain separate from Chapter 3.

The headers in my regular (unseparated files) are using automated Running
H/Fs, defined as:  <$paratext[0 Heading, 0 Heading Preface, Features, 0
Heading Appendix, zGeneratedListTitle]>.  The headers in Files 4, 5, and 6
are using manually typed in text (not Running H/Fs) that reference the
chapter title from Chapter 3.  When manually added, the top header works
properly.

It's the sub header (located below top header) that is not working right due
to the separated files.  The sub header in my regular (unseparated files)
are using automated Running H/Fs, defined as:  <$paratext[1 Heading, 1
Heading Appendix, 1 Heading Preface, Features Heading]>.  I would like a
similar heading in the separated files (Files 4, 5, and 6).  Is there any
way to achieve this without manually typing the 1 Heading level into each
separated file? (Note that the 1 Heading level may not exist in every file.)

(Btw, I'm also open to using Running H/Fs in on the headers in Files 4, 5,
and 6 if someone knows of a good way to do this too.)

I'd appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks,
Melissa