Shortcuts to create cross-references?

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Thu Aug 30 01:54:39 PDT 2007

Isabelle,

You wrote:

>I'm in the process of creating a large amount of cross-references
>between two Frame documents and I was wondering if there were any
>shortcuts for such a repetitive task. More specifically, is there a way,
>once you've selected Special | Cross-reference or Right-click |
>Cross-reference, that the Document and Paragraph Tags portions of the
>window could remain at the last selected position instead of going back
>to the default Current and first paragraph tag, respectively?

When inserting new cross-references, copy/paste an existing
cross-reference, and then double-click it; adjust the tag/pgf as needed.

Other improvements -- at the template level -- may include changing the tag
names or creating compound cross-references (one cross-reference that
retrieves two items instead of two separate cross-reference, eg one
retrieving the chapter title and another one retrieving a figure/table)

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants