FrameMaker XML inDesign XML imports

Ben Slone sloneb at fml.com
Mon Dec 3 14:57:23 PST 2007

David,

May I also suggest that the FML PatternStream application is a
consideration for publishing database and flat file information to Adobe
InDesign - and FrameMaker. PatternStream connects directly to any and
multiple ODBC/SQL databases (Access, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.) and
XML and HTML files (PatternStream contains a built in parser) and
publishes the acquired information into InDesign and FrameMaker.
PatternStream can also import other files (word processing, images,
Excel spreadsheets, etc.) as required to place in data-driven documents.

PatternStream integrates directly with InDesign - and FrameMaker through
their respective application programming interfaces (API). This means
that all of the InDesign and FrameMaker template attributes (pages,
paragraphs, etc.) are available in the publishing project setup - and
that the acquired information is published on-the-fly into either
InDesign or FrameMaker.

All project setup work is completed in a graphical user interface.
Visual iconic images represent information acquisition, functions, and
document publishing targets. Each icon has its own attribute set. As an
example, the document target attributes include what template to use,
which output formats to create, what conditions and extensions to apply,
and whether it is part of a book. Once a project is setup, it can be
executed, saved, saved as, modified, etc. The PatternStream binary file
format (PSET file extension) will work to publish information to both
InDesign and FrameMaker.

Please visit www.patternstream.com,
http://www.adobe.com/products/vdp/partners.html#finite,
http://www.adobe.com/epaper/spotlights/countygovt/pdfs/countygovt.pdf,