Character formatting in run head variables

Michael.Long at thomson.com Michael.Long at thomson.com
Mon Dec 10 08:00:33 PST 2007

My partner is unable to figure out how enable character formatting in
running heads through wither Running H/F 2 or a custom user variable.

Specifically, in certain Heading 1s we use a homemade character
consisting of capital R with a strikethrough bar across it. We also
selectively italicize some letters, such as the "ax" in "ax User ID".

The system variable H/F 2 does not pick up either one of them from an
H1. Likewise, when a custom user variable containing the italic is used
as running head, it loses the italic.

Any suggestions about how to present these character formats in a
running head?

Thanks,
Mike