XML to PDF?

russ at weststreetconsulting.com russ at weststreetconsulting.com
Wed Dec 12 05:14:26 PST 2007

Hi Mary,

FrameMaker can do this, and in fact, it is one of FrameMaker's great strengths in the structured content arena. Despite what it lacks in other XML features, it can do a bangup PDF from XML or SGML like no other tool, I think. Note, however, that you need to build the translation mechanism (the "structured application") to get the XML imported and properly formatted. For a short document, an expert might be able to pull this off in a few days, but if you've never done it before, the learning curve can last into the weeks or months.

Russ

Message: 5