Acrobat / FrameMaker conflicts during install

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Thu Dec 13 11:25:59 PST 2007

(1) In fact, there is still free phone support for software
installation problems.

(2) Very likely, your Acrobat installation problems have to do
someone attempting to uninstall old versions by simply wiping
out files as opposed to going to the Control Panel and properly
uninstalling the software. Although the files are gone, the
many and various Windows registry entries used by those older
versions of Acrobat are still there to haunt you.

(3) I don't think you inherited a "terminal" but rather a computer
system. When receiving such an "inheritance," I would normally
advise that the best course of action is to wipe the system down
to bare metal, reinstalling the operating system, drivers, all
applications, fonts, etc. Otherwise, you don't really know what
you've got and some doggy droppings from the past may byte you when
you least expect it!

	- Dov