FM8 Bug: Lines not breaking after em dash and en dash

Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh at cap-studio.de
Sun Dec 16 04:42:46 PST 2007

Am 15.12.2007 um 23:20 schrieb Michael Müller-Hillebrand:

> I tried your scenario with 8.p266 and there are no problems: The
> characters you mention are correctly changed from 7.2 \= and \m in
> FM8 to their "real" appearance: – and — (not seen in monospaced
> fonts) and work as advertised.

Oops, my statement resulted out of a (late night) abbreviated test:
If the settings are correct in an FM72 file it will be opened okay
and without changes of paragraph layout in FM8.

But – as you noted – any change to a paragraph or any change to the
Text Option setting regarding the en and em dash is not applied
correctly. That qualifies the behaviour as a bug (most probably
related to the Unicode implementation).

- Michael Müller-Hillebrand

Michael Müller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologien
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lösungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
http://cap-studio.de/ -- Tel. +49 (9131) 28747