Hypertext links in Acrobat8 documents generated from FM8 don't work

Austin Meredith Ashley_Meredith at brown.edu
Thu Dec 20 06:42:23 PST 2007

>I am not aware of any way to control this from within FrameMaker 8.0.

We are feeling as if Adobe has just sabotaged our entire 15-year
project. How could they have offered an "upgrade" that destroys
hypertext? Who is going to lose their job here at our project, for
having recommended that we upgrade to the latest Adobe software? We
are rushing to take down from the internet the files we have posted
to our website in the past couple of weeks, files that are a
considerable embarrassment. And, we are sitting around wondering how
we can possibly recover from this -- is there a way that we can now
open, in FM7, the thousands upon thousands of files that have in the
past few weeks been touched by this FM8 abortion? Or, are we just dead?