Validating all hypertext links in a FM book?

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Fri Dec 21 00:43:35 PST 2007

Grant,

You wrote:

>I've looked in the help and queried the archives, but have been unable
>to find the answer to the following:
>Is there a way to validate all the hypertext links in a book?  Not
>xrefs, but hyperlinks.
>I know that they can be validated on insertion, but I'm looking for
>something to run as a QA/QC function before generating a set of HTML
>files from the FM book.

You may start the hypertext validation using a key combination:  Escape v h
(three separate keystrokes; validates the current document or selected
documents in book)
This validation is not full-proof, but is still of value.

There is also a sample BadLinks plug-in provided with the FrameMaker
Developer Kit.
After it is compiled and installed (adds an entry under File > Utilities >
Document Reports), the plug-in generates a report of unresolved hypertext
markers.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants