Bugs, or features, in FM8

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Fri Dec 28 07:58:29 PST 2007

Isn't the key combination to lock / unlock a file  ESC F l k  instead of
CTRL F l k,  or has this changed in FM8 (which I don't have)?

On  Friday, December 28, 2007 07:06 AM, Austin Meredith wrote:

| I've noticed something else, however. I've always been in the habit
| of using the locking/unlocking feature of FM, using the keystrokes
| "Ctrl F l k" to transit the files back and forth between a locked
| "use condition" to an unlocked "edit condition." However, in FM8,
| if you do a "Ctrl s" save before you do the "Ctrl F l k Ctrl w" to
| lock and close a file, your "Ctrl F l k" is wasted effort as the
| file simply doesn't stay locked.

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com