Replacing Framemaker

Rebecca.L.Frasure at aphis.usda.gov Rebecca.L.Frasure at aphis.usda.gov
Thu Feb 1 03:39:00 PST 2007

Someone left on my desk (presumably to irritate the heck out me), an
article from the January STC Magazine Intercom called "Old Software." They
underlined a paragraph which says, "also absent from this discussion is
Adobe Framemaker, which is starting to show its age and lack of recent
development. Fans may want to consider using OpenOffice.org Writer."

Now that's not true, is it? I am always arguing with my officemates that
Framemaker is the best software for what we do, which are 700+ page
manuals, with multiple updates and constant repagination. I know nothing
about OpenOffice.org Writer. Does anyone else? I have no desire to
replace, I'm getting ready to learn Structured, but I need some
knowlegable words from my fellow listmates.

Thank very much in advance!

Becky Frasure