how to manage multilingual documentation with frequent updates

Martinek, Carla CMartinek at zebra.com
Fri Feb 2 09:00:48 PST 2007

Work with a translation vendor that uses Trados (now part of SDL), and
specifically the X-Translate module.  Content that is a 100% match is
not touched at all, resulting in reduced costs.  You pay only for
translations on the new content, and DTP/QA time for the entire book.  I
currently do this with my docs, some of which are in 29 languages, and
the savings have been significant.

I can recommend a couple of vendors if you're interested.

Regards,
Carla
Carla Martinek, Translation Coordinator/Editor
Zebra Technologies Corporation
333 Corporate Woods Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
tel: 847.793.5616   fax: 847.821.1795
cmartinek|zebra|com