CMS

Scott Abel abelsp at netdirect.net
Fri Feb 2 10:45:26 PST 2007

Loren:

Congrats on making the move to content management. I'd suggest you
"use Frame with a CMS" as replacing Frame with a CMS will not yield
the results you likely desire.

Shopping for Content Management Systems is the focus of an upcoming
session to be taught by tech pubs CM guru Ann Rockley at the
Documentation and Training Conference in Vancouver.

www.doctrain.com

There are a variety of CMS vendors vying for the attention fo the
hundreds of thousands of Frame users out there. Top of my list:
Astoria Software (as they have a top-notch component content
management system designed for XML publishing). They also are working
closely with Adobe to ensure their products jibe with Frame. Astoria
is also releasing its hosted CMS (a web-based content management
system that allows you to access the CMS and work from virtually
anywhere).

There are of course others. The main players in addition to Astoria
(in my view) are:

Vasont
XyEnterprise
SiberLogic

Each has its strengths and weaknesses. Your mileage may vary. If
you'd like me to put you in contact with some folks at any of these
firms, let me know. I can often bypass the front line sales people
and get you answers you need fast.

Cheers,

Scott Abel
The Content Wrangler, Inc.
6178 Crittenden Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220 USA
+1 317-466-1840
skype: abelsp
email: abelsp at netdirect.net
web: http://www.thecontentwrangler.com

DOCUMENTATION & TRAINING: THE USER EXPERIENCE
APR 18-21, 2007 ~ Vancouver BC
Learn more: http://www.doctrain.com

Subscribe to DocTrain 2007 News and Announcements by Email: http://
tinyurl.com/2ubjrn