Harvesting and Comparing Screenshots for use in FM

Peter Ring pri at ddf.dk
Sat Feb 3 10:39:20 PST 2007

Talk to the software developers. If you are very lucky, all changes are
designed and documented before even being implemented. But anyway, all
GUI resources are represented in source code files, i.e., text files.
These resource files are probably managed by a revision control system.
It is trivial to compare different versions of the resource files; the
differences should give you a pretty good cue to which screen dumps you
need update.

If you do online context-sensitive help, you also need to know the
resource identifiers.

Kind regards
Peter Ring