automating a custom save command?

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 02:03:35 PST 2007

Hello,

I would like to automate a task that consists of saving all files in a
book using a *custom* save command that is available through the use
of a custom FDK client, without reprogramming the client.

Currently, I have to open the book, open all files inside it, and then
save them one by one, either selecting "Save Jap File" (the custom
save command) from the File menu, or by using the keyboard Alt, F, J
(J being the short cut for this command), Ctrl+F4 to close the file.
Once books get bigger, this gets tedious very quickly.

I wonder if Framescript can help here (there's the CallClient command,
but I can't figure out whether this could be used for my purpose), or
another batch type tool.  Thanks for your help in advance.

By the way, Frame is 5.5.6+SGML, and the files are structured.

--
cheers,
Jakob.