Acrobat 8 Trial overwrites Adobe PDF printer driver instance?

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Thu Feb 8 07:48:03 PST 2007

As I have written on this list and others, Acrobat is not
designed such that you may have parallel installation of
multiple versions of Acrobat and or mixed installations of
Acrobat and Reader on the same system while still allowing
for full functionality of all such versions. In addition,
you may find various types of crashes and anomalies.

The proper way to handle a "test" of Acrobat 8 (for example)
when you currently have Acrobat 6 installed would be to
totally uninstall Acrobat 6, reboot, and install Acrobat 8.
If and when you wish to go "back" to Acrobat 6, totally
uninstall Acrobat 8, reboot, and fully reinstall Acrobat 6.

No, I don't think this is ideal or even good. But that's
how it works, whether you or I like it or not!  :-(

	- Dov